Thursday, November 30, 2017

Data source CHECK_DEPENDENCIES error while running SQL Performance Dashboard Report

“Data source 'CHECK_DEPENDENCIES“ error while running SQL Performance Dashboard Report

Today morning when I was working on one performance issue of a database server. I ran SQL Performance Dashboard Report and received error which I had never seen before. The error was:


A data source instance has not been supplied for the data source 'CHECK_DEPENDENCIES"



I closed the window and ran the report once again but no luck. Same error was on screen once again.

I tried to google it but did not find anything useful. I ran report one last time and tried to refresh once again and the error was changed this time

Error:

Could not fine stored procedure ‘msdb.MS_PerfDashboard.usp_SessionDetails’



Now the new error was regarding one missing stored procedure in my case. I copied and created that stored procedure from other server where it was working fine. After this my performance dashboard report started working fine.

Thank You!





No comments:

Post a Comment